Monday, May 10, 2010

Chilli is not my thing.

Let me tell you. I have a very low ‘spice tolerance level’, or whatever you’d like to call it. I can’t take chilli to save my life. Every time I order curry mee, it’s without chilli. Not even the slightest bit. I call it santan mee. Because without the chilli, the soup is basically only santan. And the colour is a pale orange, pretty much like beige. A lot of people may think it’s really weird o.O but that’s the just way I like it XP

Anyway, what happened was . . . I was eating something at home that day, when I suddenly had a very strong urge to try the chilli from McDonald’s. You know, in those little packets. I thought it would be very jinak. I thought it was chilli for, um, beginners like me la. I tried a little, and I loved it!! You know why? Because it’s sweet. I love anything that’s sweet! (Well, as long as it isn’t made from insects or spiders.) So I finished the first packet, and opened a next one, and yet another one. Then I began to realize . . . that it was getting spicier and spicier by the packet. Either that, or it was just my body’s way of saying, ‘No more, no more!!’

I kind of got addicted to it. Within two days, I must have consumed a total of about 10 packets. Which probably isn’t A LOT for most people, but proved to be nearly fatal for me. Why do I say that?? Because now I’ve lost my voice! Almost completely, really. I can’t sing; my pitch range is now all of two tones. But what’s worse is that I have an ulcer on my tongue! I’m having a hard time enjoying anything I eat, and even DRINKING hurts! Terrible, just terrible *shakes head*

Lesson learnt. Take it easy, take it slow. Never ever go on a chilli binge again!! Now I feel a little less than enthusiastic when it comes to answering phone calls. The caller may think they dialed the number to an Egyptian pyramid, and a thousand-year-old mummy picked up =.= THAT's what I sound like, no kidding. But don't give me prank calls just to check! I'm serious!!

7 comments:

eevy said...

LOL! was that crazy or what?? now i can't help wanting to call you just to hear how you sound like. xD drink loads of water.

NXY said...

eh ehh no need call d. i feel better d. read yr comment d my voice immediately become better!! xP

Tysle said...

Aiyoyoyoyo, poor you and yet you can make the whole thing sound so funny that you made me have a good laugh in front of the screen again. Haha

Get well soon dear! I'm sick too but flu la, different story. xD

NXY said...

hahah, yea i can just hear you laughing... even though we're miles away!! awh, you get well soon too! flu still = sick!!

Coldface aka Samuel said...

lol!! =.= i thought u DON'T take chili at all. Eh....tell u something, McD's chili sauce may be sweet but it's definitely spicy XP

NXY said...

just wanted to try ma, suddenly so gien tht day... yeah i know tht for sure nowww!!!

Esther said...

Siao lang la lu. I've ate the Chilli for fun too, but you should've consulted me, the ex-I-don't-take spicy-food-one before trying such death-defying acts! Seriously!