Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bye bye, Kampar...

It is raining rather heavily right now. And I can hear the wind rudely slamming doors shut, making girls shriek. Hahah, what a way to mark the ending of my final weekend here in Kampar . . .

JPA has offered me a local scholarship to study at Universiti Teknologi Petronas. Please, don't call me 'petrol girl', because I'll beat you up for that. I promise =P Unless something really unexpected comes up, it is more than likely that I'll be leaving UTAR soon. And 'soon' is too soon. I'll have to be at UTP for registration this WEDNESDAY! Can you imagine that?? Such short notice . . . Right now I'm feeling a kind of big, psychological rock which I have to balance on my head. So much to do, and much too little time.

I tried calling JPA on Friday after I found out about the offer, but nobody was there to answer. ZzZzZz . . . Too many uncertainties to leave my questions unanswered!! Furthermore, I have no idea if I'll be receiving my offer letter in time for the registration. It's not like we don't know how efficient (or otherwise) the government is. Shhh, not too loud. Or they'll hear it and change their minds about giving me the scholarship! *clears throat* So I'll try to call JPA again tomorrow, and hopefully the line won't be too busy with people bombarding them with questions. Because I'll be doing that, and we just can't have too many people doing the same thing xP

Sigh. Such a sudden piece of news. I haven't even written a single post about my life here in UTAR, and right now I'm already talking about leaving it. Thinking about it that way really makes me feel depressed. Anyways, there'll be 3 posts on my life here, but I'll only write them after I've settled in at UTP.

Although I haven't known this place for very long . . . but one thing's for sure. I'll miss my room here!! Everybody who's seen it says it's really big and nice. And I won't be having 'big and nice' at UTP. *emo* What I'll have is a roommate. Which means:
1) I can't sleep without pants anymore.
2) I can't . . . simply do a lot of other things anymore!!
T.T
And for my first year it is compulsory for us to stay in the 'foundation hostel', and people who have lived there generally don't say very pleasant things about it. Oh!! How very depressing. I love my room here. I love my balcony (though I've never gone outside to lie down under the stars, because I haven't swept the floor yet). I love my ATTACHED BATHROOM!!! Seriously, how do people live without attached bathrooms!?

I'll miss my Maths lecturer. Who's very adorable. I'll miss my Critical Thinking lecturer. Who's really cool and very witty. I'll miss the food delivery service!! Every night I just call . . . and food arrives at my doorstep. Extremely convenient for lazy bums like me! Lalala~ And above all, I'll miss seeing certain people here.

Well, better leave now than in a year, before I get too attached to the place and its people. Praise the Lord for this blessing in disguise. God bless, and goodnight =)

6 comments:

Esther said...

YOU SLEEP WITHOUT PANTS ON???

NXY said...

YES I DO??? COOLING MAA??? VERY NICE WAN LUH????

Tysle said...

I was about to comment about the pants part too. Lol

Btw, your room must have been really, really pretty with balcony and attached bathroom some more. I don't have both and my room in SJ is tiny, pics are on Facebook btw. Lol.

And CONGRATS on getting the scholarship!!!! So now, petrol engineering? :)

NXY said...

no laa >.< petronas uni doesnt only hv petrol engg lei. if tht's all they hv then i wont be going also~

and and when will you be starting in imu???

Tysle said...

Oh, so what is it that you're doing? :) IMU is in 2 years time. INTEC is on July 4th. xD

Anonymous said...

I SLEEP WITHOUT MY PANTS ON TOO!!! :D *high five*

Update la. *poke*