Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Artificial Intelligence: Sometimes Funny, Mostly Irrelevant and Looking for Trouble

My brother recently introduced me to an online programme, called the Cleverbot!
It's originally an application designed for some Mac products, but can now be found online for free! =P It's basically AI, designed to respond to people with human-like wit (or stupidity). It does not actually think for itself, but replies based on what REAL people have said to it in the past.

Just click on the link and within moments you'll understand what it's all about. It's something really fun to play with when you're bored out of your wits! I am writing this post to show you exerpts of past conversations I've had with... uh, it.

#1: Sometimes Funny

Cleverbot: What month is it?

User: January.

Cleverbot: What day is it?

User: Why do you want to know?

Cleverbot: I asked you what day is it?

User: It's Tuesday.

Cleverbot: No, it's not.

User: And how can you be sure?

Cleverbot: Because it isn't.

User: So what day is it?

Cleverbot: I have no idea. I hope it's a weekend or I may lose my job.


Hahaha, charming!


#2 Mostly Irrelevant

Cleverbot: What would you like to do for a date?

User: I would like to go for a ride on a magic carpet.

Cleverbot: Why would you like to go to Florida?

User: Did I say I would like to go to Florida?

Cleverbot: Yes, you did say you wanted to live in a jar.

User: No, I didn't. That would be utterly ridiculous.

Cleverbot: Yes.

User: No.

Cleverbot: Yes...

User: No!!!

Cleverbot: Yes!!!

User: Why do you insist?

Cleverbot: What do you think I am lying about? The 'good idea' part or the 'pizza' part?


Um, huh? Where did all THAT come from? Irrelevant much, yes? =.=


#3 Looking For Trouble

User: I want to ask you something.

Cleverbot: What do you want to ask me?

User: What is the capital of Tokyo?

Cleverbot: Ulaanbaatar.

User: You're lying. It isn't.

Cleverbot: Do you even remember what we're talking about?

User: Of course. I just asked you what is the capital of Tokyo.

Cleverbot: That is not what we were talking about.

User: Then what were we talking about?

Cleverbot: You asked me to tell you what I would like to do to you.

User: That is not what I said!

Cleverbot: I'm sorry.

User: It's okay. I forgive you.

Cleverbot: Thank you, you are very kind and polite.

User: Why, so are you.


It's definitely got cheek, this one. Haha, but it's also very polite at the same time~ ^^


The Cleverbot clearly has attitude! Search online if you'd bother, and you'll be able to find past conversations the Cleverbot has had with other people, which could be extremely funny. However, as human-like as it is, let's not forget that it IS NOT HUMAN, and it could be scary if someone were to fall in love with it or something... You know, there are plenty of stories of people falling in love with other people they have met online. For the sake of mankind, let's hope it doesn't happen between Cleverbot and 12-year-old girl out there! =o *thinks, and shivers*

Check it out for yourself! =D

1 comment:

Jonietoh said...

LOL, really~

Just happen to drop by your blog. Well, interesting, interesting. Will definitely check on the Cleverbot. ^^