Monday, January 3, 2011

Of semester breaks and plate-washing.

Yo! 2010 is over, and so are my FINALS!! =D

*dramatic music plays*
Tears rolled down my cheeks as I bid a last farewell to Alkanes and Alkenes and Aldehydes and Ketones and the rest of my friends from the Organic Chemistry gang, with my heart beating in sorrow as I knew that I would no longer be able to embrace them in warm and loving hugs . . .

Ahahahah. Okay, I lied =3 I can't describe how ridiculously happy I am that they are no longer a part of my humble life. Anyway, my sem break has started, and will last for all of 2 weeks. Right now, I am back at my father's place. And something has given me a spark of inspiration to write a new blog post.

Okay, we all know that the conventional 5 Senses are the sense of Sight, Sound, Smell, Taste and Touch. Then there's the Sixth Sense, which people may or may not believe in. However, the seventh sense - which I have recently discovered - is the sense of plate-washing . . . which NEITHER MY FATHER NOR MY BROTHER HAS =.= What they do have is a whole stack/dump/collection (your pick) of unwashed plates waiting in the kitchen for me every single time I come back to Penang!

Clearly, neither of them bother to wash the plates at all. It's not like they've recently thrown a party, and never had the time to do the washing. No, that's not it at all. The frightening truth is that they leave the plates in the kitchen sink for WEEKS! It makes one think that they're waiting for the plates to rot to a point that they would grow their own legs and run away! So I mustered every bit of courage I have . . . to walk into the kitchen . . . and wash every single one of those freakish plates. They were SLIMY! I was surprised to see that there was no mould or mushrooms to be found anywhere. (=.=!)

True enough, after I finished washing them, my brother came to me and said, 'You know, I don't think anybody has washed any plates since the last time you came home.' I would've been speechless if I hadn't already guessed that earlier. You see, that's precisely why MEN NEED WIVES AND BROTHERS NEED SISTERS. In other words, NO HOUSEHOLD CAN SURVIVE WITHOUT FEMALES. Unless, of course, the members of an all-male household have . . . uh, an acute sense of plate-washing. The problem is, most or all DO NOT. Therefore, if you don't have wives/mothers/sisters: GET PAPER PLATES!!!

And just for the fun of it . . .

PROBLEM:

Plates that have been left unwashed for weeks
and are about to start exhibiting radioactive properties

FEASIBLE SOLUTIONS:

More troublesome; long-term

GET MARRIED!

OR

Simpler; short-term

GET PAPER PLATES!!


Hehehe, love you guys! Muacks!! =3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, man! Yeah, I agree, a vast majority of the male population don't wash plates. What is so difficult about it, I don't know.

NXY said...

haha, but how do you know... you don't hv brothers!? =D
tht's cos they weren't born with the 'plate-washing' section in their brain. you know, Error 404: PLATE-WASHING SECTION NOT FOUND.
hahahah~ xD

eevy said...

hmm, why does it seem familiar?

ah.. i think the same thing goes for my brother and dad. O_O but.. maybe not to THAT extent! LOL yours are simply too amazing for words to describe. =x

NXY said...

i know, right. my father and brother are... phenomenal!! =.=