Thursday, July 3, 2008

Yay~ no homework today

There's something very wrong with Blogspot. All the stuff keeps appearing in mandarin!! Is it just me, or are you fellow bloggers out there experiencing the same thing too??
Anyway...I have an opinion to voice out today.

I DON'T LIKE MY FATHER.
He doesn't see anything in me.
(THURSDAY)
School ends.
I get into the car. And tell him that I want to go for Chem tuition. Then I tell him about Pn. Tan and how I don't understand anything she teaches. He agrees very nicely. And says that I can try it if I want to.

All of a sudden he's saying, "That's why I say you don't know how to use a computer. A computer is for you to gain knowledge; do some reading and learn new things. Not play games and do rubbish things."
...
...
I argue. (Bad decision.) I tell him that I DO use it to try to understand things better - sometimes. But most of the time the stuff that appears on the Net is beyond what I have learnt in school. Most of it are stuff that we have yet to learn, and alot of it are stuff that we will never learn at school level at all. It's just not in our syllabus.

So he says, "Who cares about your syllabus?? That's why I say you don't know how to do anything. You remind me exactly of your mother. All talk, and no substance. From what you say, I can tell that you don't know anything at all."
...
...
That's not very fair. Just because I don't know the stuff that he does, it makes me NOTHING. Just because I'm not very street-smart, it makes me USELESS, and incapable of surviving the working community.

(I can't be THAT hopeless?)

And when I know the stuff that he doesn't, he either doesn't believe, doesn't bother, or doesn't acknowledge it.

PLEASE DON'T condemn me for talking about my father like this. I'm upset + frustrated. I need an outlet.
...
...
I love him. I do. He's just not making it very easy for me. And it tires me sometimes.
I just wish he wouldn't be so judgemental.
...
...
How can he see ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in me??
That can't be possible...right?
There must be something...?

6 comments:

Esther said...

nothing comes out in mandrin for me.
All of a sudden he's saying, "That's why I say you don't know how to use a computer. A computer is for you to gain knowledge; do some reading and learn new things. Not play games and do rubbish things."
---
that's what my people say. :( Now it really looks like i have to QUIT neopets! (which i've been playing for 5+ years)

I love him. I do. He's just not making it very easy for me. And it tires me sometimes.I just wish he wouldn't be so judgemental.......
---
i noticed that this is quite a common problem. ;)

Anonymous said...

And when I know the stuff that he doesn't, he either doesn't believe, doesn't bother, or doesn't acknowledge it.

I know what you mean by this. My dad is like that too. But I think it's best if you don't let it bother you too much. :) Always remember that there are always other people who will appreciate the knowledge you have. :)

Anonymous said...

hang in there girl. parents are like that sometimes, don't hold it against your dad. useless is the last thing you are. would you call a person worthless for whom Christ died? ;)

-your friendly neighbourhood MANIAC!!-

Anonymous said...

Tricia said...

=/ There is definitely a something in you. It's just too bad that your dad can't see it right now. God Bless you :)

Anonymous said...

garhh. we're all having the same problem here.
obviously i've been having problems with my dad since i dun even knw when..

he sees nothing in me too.

NXY said...

Lol~ tytyty
Must post like tht mia things baru get sambutan hangat eh...
Aww...
Hahahaha thanks to you all, including Carmen (but no Renee wan...?), for showing support and/or understanding etc etc...
=P
Have a nice day + God bless y'all~!
^^