Monday, August 25, 2008

Cherries!!

I tried REAL cherries for the first time today! I used to (think that I) hate cherries, but that was only because I've never tried any real ones. The ones I always see are the preserved ones...commonly found on cakes...which taste and smell really funny... =/

They look like grapes, but are rounder

Up-close view of an individual cherry~

They look like grapes, yes, but I actually think they are very much like a miniature version of plums!! They smell and taste VERY much like plums, only that they are smaller, and taste a tad bit more refreshing =P Even the seeds are alike, as well - just smaller!

Haha - conclusion of the day??
Cherries = miniature plums!!

8 comments:

Carmen C. said...

ooh! i didnt know cherries were purple or the fact that they look like miniature plums! so cool n so cute!! =D i don't like the red cherries (the one we find on cakes xP)

and and finally! xing yii! you have a picture of yourself on your blog! at least a picture of you alone (ok so maybe you're not alone. you posing with a cherry!) lol. i'm so proud of you =P

NXY said...

haha
yeah lor the red cherry on the cake is fake one, they jeruk it d...so pai chiak hor
and and got! you see my profile photo! NO CHERRY MIA! i change liao~~
XD

Carmen C. said...

>.< yea so pai chiak..one day i must try the real one!
ur profile photo! pretty eh! (it's the truth so don't try and bantah me eh!) hahha xy no more camera shy (thanks to mua?? lol)

Esther said...

cherries are MMMMM! I went cherry picking in Aus when i was 8 and it was an eat-all-you-can cherry buffet for AUD 6. but if you wanted to take home some, you pay by kg. Good thing they don't weigh you! I'd belanja you if you go one day! But you'll have to pay for the plane ticket, accommodation, food, etc. I only pay for the cherries! Stingy of me, isn't it?

NXY said...

hahaha i din know you love cherries!
okok you say wan ah....
if i go you belanja me wan ahh
but eh...
'eat all you can eat'??
cnt get diarrhea wan ah????
eat sooo much!
XP

Anonymous said...

Ah? You just ate your cherries for your first time?
Cherries aren't like plums la, they're usually sweeter unless the batch you ate just aren't all that sweet. :)

NXY said...

zzz I din say they taste exactly the same??
Yesss they are SWEETER k
eh then ppl poor ma, nvr eat real cherries b4 what
the fake one got la
==

Anonymous said...

Ahaha! A baby xwee... :)

And yes, the preserved ones are awful although they look kinda pretty