Saturday, August 16, 2008

Close Shave 1

Re: Close Shave 2
If you've noticed, a few posts before this is a post entitled 'Close Shave 2'...which, actually, is a sequel to this. Close Shave 1, however, will be alot shorter and simpler, but more shocking - in the sense that it all happened so abruptly.
(I know - why does Becky have a knack of getting into all this sort of trouble??)

Anyway, this happened a sometime ago. Just so you know, about 2 weeks before PMR last year...So this was what happened.

My stepfather (don't ask) had just picked Becky up from my grandmother's place. On the way home, he decided to stop by to get some hawker food for dinner. He was just going to leave the car really nearby and get out for a short while to get the food. But when he opened the car door, my smart smart doggie JUMPED out of the car! Yes - onto the road.
(From the previous story, you should know by now that Becky is really really irrational. Well, she's a dog after all...)

So she lands on the road and immediately starts running about! And THEN...she runs into the path of a car. And - believe it or not - the driver did NOT see her, and just ran over her. As in  - YES, literally ran OVER her. (No, DUH he did not see her, so it means that he did not stop the car as well.) Well, you see, Becky is a small dog, and VERY LUCKILY FOR HER, SHE WAS SO SHORT, that as the car went over her, she apparently ducked so low, the car didn't touch her at all! (No, I do not know what car it was - it might have been a tall car)

Then, of course she got frightened that a car ran over her, that as soon as the car was gone, off she went as well! So she ran and my stepfather chased her and almost lost her but very luckily managed to chase her into a lorong belakang and cornered her and caught her...

Crazy, right?? As bizarre as it seems, but yes - it really did happen. Can you imagine?? She really could've died! Technically, a car did run over her. Technically, she should no longer be alive! Don't get me wrong - I don't mean for her to have died! Oh yes, believe me - I was so grateful (and stilll am!) that she's so tiny and that the car didn't get her. The driver even doesn't know that he/she almost killed my dog...

Well, obviously I wasn't there when it happened, or I wouldn't be alive because I would've had a fatal cardiac arrest and gone to where dead people go to...Thank her lucky stars she didn't die then, or my PMR results would've died with her as well!!  >.<
*touch wood*

She's just such a silly pooch, isn't she...?
But I love my silly pooch~! XP

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God she's alive. :)
Ps: Does your Becky have nine lives too?

NXY said...

hahaha i dunno??
if she has...she's already used 2!!

Anonymous said...

at least she's alive :D