Sunday, August 3, 2008

Close Shave 2

Okay. Let me tell you something that really happened, which was really frightening for me.
WARNING: It's really unnecessarily LONG! (Now that is a warning EVERYBODY will see! XD)
However, you could skip this if you don't own a dog. Also skip if you've got no patience to run through this long, long post.

Last Sunday, my mum fetched my brother back from camp. However, she forgot to bring her handphones with her earlier. So after dropping my brother, he was supposed to go back out to bring her h/p's for her (after which she would be leaving for KL).
He grabbed her h/p's and summoned the lift. But it was taking too long to arrive, so he decided to take the stairs instead. After he left, I went back into the house to get the keys - to lock the doors. When I came out to get the dogs back into the house, I only saw Misha...Becky was gone. And to my horror, it seemed that my brother had left the door to the stairwell ajar.
Very quickly, I grabbed Misha and shoved her back into the house - and made sure that I shut the door hehind me. (I must have grabbed too hard, because she yelped rather loudly, but I couldn't care less, because I had another dog to save.)

I didn't even bother to put on any footwear - I just left bare-footed; I was hoping like mad that I was wrong (that Becky had gone and ran off by herself) and that my brother took Becky with him when he went down. I ran down the stairwell, hoping that she did run down and not up, and most importantly, that the door out of the stairwell was not open, so that she would be stuck there. And all the way down I was yelling her name and when I passed some cleaner-guy he stared at me as if I were crazy. (And yes, I was almost crazy because I was so panicked it didn't even occur to me that I could've asked him if he saw a furry thing fly by...)

However, when I reached the end of the stairwell, she was nowhere to be found, and the door there was ajar as well. I KICKED the door open and ran out and into the carpark. All I could hope for now was that my brother did take her with him - because if she ran free into the carpark, we might never ever find her again, because - well:
1) she's small and fast and difficult to catch if you couldn't corner her (or even spot her in the first place) - which is something you definitely couldn't do in a big, wide, carpark
2) she's not streetwise at all and is certainly apt to be run over by a car
3) she's going to venture too far away from home before she realizes it, and she'll definitely never find her way back
4) she didn't have a name tag, so nobody would know how to return her, or somebody even might just SELL her to another person

Then...I went all the way down the carpark, to see if my mum was still there, and if my brother was still there talking to her, and most importantly, if Becky was with him. Well, NONE of that was. So I ran back up again. And along the way back I got so scared and frightened and sooo dramatic I started crying and thinking, "WHAT IF I NEVER SAW HER AGAIN??"

All there was left to do was to was that my brother really did take her, but had left and gone back up (with her) before I had arrived, and was safely back in the house (with her). So I went back up again. And when I reached the door my hands (along with my whole body), was shaking so badly because if I opened it and there was no Becky...

However, just as my hand reached for the door...my brother had swung it open. And so I very frantically asked him, 'Where is Bec - ?' and before I finished my sentence - lo and behold - my dear dear darling doggie came running out of the house! And so I scooped her into my arms (and NO I didn't start kissing her all over her snout - well not yet anyway) and the first thing I said to her was YOU FREAK DOG!
...
...
What?? She really did give me a scare! And I called her that a few more times and then I started to hug her and kiss her. I was so relieved! I kept wondering, "What am I supposed to do if she really did get lost??"

And this is funny. My brother had a stick in his hand when he opened the door. And he said: "So THERE you are! Where did you go?? I thought you were kidnapped or something!! You left the grill door open and the keys were still in the keyhole when I came back. And I looked all over the house but I couldn't find you!" And so he was about to bring the stick to come and search for me, thinking that he probably would have to fight off some bad people or something! To save me! Hahahaha priceless!!

But no, I wasn't laughing at that time because, obviously, of what had just happened. So I asked him..."You took Becky with you is it??"
Well, he did not. Apparently, this is what happened. As I mentioned earlier, my brother couldn't wait for the lift, so he took the stairs instead. When I went back into the house (to get the keys), the lift arrived. As the dogs were outside the house, Becky ran into the lift when the doors opened. By herself. (Smart move, eh?? NOT! >.<) Of course, she didn't know how to press any buttons - and had to wait in there, until somebody else summoned the lift. LUCKILY FOR HER, my brother had come back - to take the lift back upstairs - and therefore was the next person to summon the lift. So when the lift arrived...and its doors opened...Becky ran out of the lift, and he caught her! Can you imagine what would've happened IF IT WASN'T HIM WHO HAD SUMMONED THE LIFT??

Becky do you know I love you so much next time if you're going to do something STUPID like that again will you please tell me first so that I won't kill myself with a HEART ATTACK??? 
(NO, no just please don't ever run away or do something else equally stupid like that again!)

And that's all, folks! Thanks, if you've read the whole of this post and stuck with me right through to the end!! I'm sorry if you did not appreciate my, um...story-telling skills, and even more so, if there were CHUNKS of the story which you could not understand; I've really tried to make it as clear as possible, and that's why it's soooo long...and not too long-winded, I hope! And if you own a dog (which you really really love) yourself, you must've understood how I felt! Please show symphathy and offer words of concern/comfort by leaving a comment~
Thanks again!! =P
...
...


...
...
Becky darling how I LOVE YOU~!!

5 comments:

Carmen C. said...

ahhh i would break down n cry too if bruno ran away!! actually he did try 2 run away a few times b4 but he will allow us to catch him after he had his fun..i think if bruno got lost n i will nvr see him again, i would enter into a state of depression!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the warning, although it really wasn't necessary; I enjoyed the read despite being on the edge of my seat :P
oh WOW. that really was close. good save though!

-your friendly neighbourhood street fighter-

NXY said...

>>anonymous
Glad to know tht you enjoyed reading my story! ^^

>>carmen
yaya i know
and exam is quite close d; if i had lost becky i would have a mental breakdown and i won't be able to study and i will go to school and cry everyday and sure fail all my exams wan!

Anonymous said...

omgosh! poor you. yeahh, i know how much becky means to you.. thank god she was found by your bro at the lift, or elsee.... the results would be unbearable..!

but its okay now.. she's still with ya~ :D!!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.